Digital Rotothinner Viscometer
Brand: Sheen Instruments – UK
- The Rotothinner is a robustly constructed instrument, which is easy to use, clean and maintain. Three models are available: a disc shaped rotor (Ref 455N/15) allows for the addition of thinners so that test samples can be adjusted to their correct viscosity and for the rapid adjustment of production batches; two ball shaped rotors (Ref 455N/65 & 455N/340) may be used for more viscous samples and for the addition of thinners more slowly.
- 3 models cover 0-340 Poise range
- Microprocessor controlled for accuracy and repeatability
- Up to 9 readings can be stored in non volatile memory
- RS 232 printer interface
- Automatic display hold allows reading to be noted easily
- Multipoint automatic calibration for greater accuracy
- Opto switch for smoother operation and greater reliability
- Quick release “bayonet” chuck for rapid changeover and cleaning
- A constant speed motor drives the rotor which is immersed into the sample under
test. The sample, usually in a 250 ml. full aperture tin container, is positioned on the magnetic ring on the stand base. The paddle or ball is rotated at constant speed (562 r.p.m.) in the sample and the torque induced in the motor is measured and converted into poise.
- Ensure that sample is at uniform, correct temperature. The rotor is lowered into the
sample by pulling the handle down to its fullest extent, which activates the rotor via an opto switch. The digital reading in Poise is noted on the display. Free flowing liquids will give a steady reading quickly; structured materials take longer because the shear
applied by the rotor will decrease the reading. After the reading has been taken, the
handle is lifted until a slight resistance is felt which checks the upward movement
of the rotor, so that it can spin off the test material below the rim of the container.
The handle is raised to its maximum extent, which automatically switches
off the rotor. When necessary the reading obtained should be corrected to allow for
the temperature of the sample; usually the specific temperature is 25°C.
- Ref 455N/15 – 0 – 15 Poise Digital Rotothinner with RS 232 cable and interface module
- Ref 455N/65 – 0 – 65 Poise Digital Rotothinner with RS 232 cable and interface module
- Ref 455N/340 – 0 – 340 Poise Digital Rotothinner with RS 232 cable and interface module
- Ref 409/081/D Sample Container 250ml
- Ref 409/081/D2 Sample Container 236ml (USA)
- Ref 490/P Battery powered rechargeable serial printer
- Ref 480/019/S Calibration key (required for instrument re-calibration) Calibration
- Ref 455N/15 Oil ref 441/5, 441/11, 441/13
- Ref 455N/65 Oil ref 441/11, 441/14, 441/16
- Ref 455N/340 Oil ref 441/14, 441/17, 441/20
Note: 3 oils are required to calibrate each range.