Sheen Spectromatch Gloss Colorimeter
Model: 281 – 282
Brand: Sheen Instruments – UK
This new portable spectrophotometer combines the latest and most advanced technology in micro-electronics and colorimetry.
While providing high precision measurement based on 10nm spectral resolution in agreement with many other high-end spectrophometers, it offers excellent performance in many applications, from laboratory analysis to on-site quality control.
Colour + Gloss Measurement in One Unit
For many products, the colour effect can be influenced by the variation of gloss.
Spectromatch Gloss measures both attributes using the built-in 60° glossmeter, and displays colour and gloss data simultaneously. This unique feature helps to efficiently identify the potential causes of mismatch.
Long Term Stability
Spectromatch Gloss is available either in sphere d/8° or 45/0° geometries, equipped with an exclusive illumination system. This advanced technology provides highly reliable temperature independent measurement and long term stability, with 3-month calibration interval.
Excellent Repeatability on Textured Surfaces
- The d/8° version specially offers a patented technique to eliminate influences caused by measuring direction: an exclusive built-in white hemisphere enhances light distribution
and ensures optimum circumferential illumination, thus providing an excellent repeatability, particularly for measurements of textured surfaces
- Available geometries: 45/0° or d/8° SPIN, Ø11mm (0.43˝) aperture
- Buit-in 60° glossmeter, 5 x 10mm (0.2˝ x 0.4˝) aperture for both versions
- Output to PC (Easy-link software included)
- Guarantee: 10 years on light source, 2 years on the instrument
- Spectral range: 400-700 nm, 10nm interval
- Precision/Repeatability: 0.01 ΔE*, 1σ (10 measurements on white tile)
- Inter-instruments agreement: 0.2 ΔE*,1σ (on 12 BCRA tiles)
- Colorimetric systems: CIELab/Ch, Lab(h), XYZ, Yxy
- Differences: ΔE*, ΔE(h), ΔECMC, ΔEFMC2, ΔE94, ΔE99, ΔE2000, and ΔL*a*b*, ΔL*C*h* and Δ of other components
– YIE313, YID1925, WIE313, CIE, Berger
– Opacity, Metamerism
– Colour strength
- 13 illuminants: A, C, D50, D55, D65, D75, F2, F6, F7, F8, F10, F11, UL30
- Observer: 2° or 10°
- Range: 0-180GU (Gloss Unit)
- Repeatability/reproducibility: 0.2/1.GU
- Measuring area: 5 x 10mm (0.2˝ x 0.4˝)
- Memory: 200 standards, 999 samples
- Automatic functions: colour search, store, average
- Pass/Fail function, with adjustable tolerances
- Programmable user configuration: limited functions for routine check, or
- Lightweight: 500 gr.
- Large display 60 x 30 mm (2.4˝ x 1.2˝): colour & gloss data, spectral curves, auto switch-off
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese
- Energy efficiency: ± 8,000 measurements / battery set
- Operating temperature: 10°C – 42°C (50°F – 110°F)
- Humidity: < 85%
Easy-link software included for: – download of colour data, differences, spectral data to Windows Excel, upload standard values from PC – QC report with trends graphs showing customised tolerancing – instant and efficient documentation with prepared templates (Lab plot, data, trends graphs etc.)