MCT466HD Heavy Duty NIR Moisture Gauge for Difficult Processing Environments
Manufactured by: Process Sensors Corp
Built for difficult processing environments the MCT 466HD NIR Gauge is comprised of a sensor and operator interface combination. Its fundamental function is to provide a reliable and robust measurement in challenging environments.
The MCT 466HD is designed for durability: enclosed in stainless steel it is ideal to meet the demands of a difficult processing environment.
– Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Enclosure
– Resistant to High Temperatures
– Sealed for Wash Down Environments
– Reliable, Continuous Moisture Measurement
Near Infrared (NIR) Operating Principle
- Several molecular bonds absorb near infrared light at well defined wavelengths. The common bonds are O-H in water, C-H in organics & oils and N-H in proteins. The absorbance level at these specific wavelengths is proportional to the quantity of that constituent in the material.
- Narrow band pass filters within the Transmitter create a sequence of light pulses. At least one of these pulses is at the absorbance wavelength specific to the constituent to be measured. The other pulses are created at wavelengths not absorbed by the measured constituent. The pulses illuminate the product and the diffuse reflected light is collected and focused onto a single, temperature controlled detector.
- The electrical signals generated by the detector are then processed to provide a value that is proportional to the concentration of the measured constituent. The value is then displayed in % or other engineering units.