Guardian Web Profile Scanning Frame
Moisture • Coat Weight • Thickness • Web Temperature
The MCT460 is mounted on the Scanning Frame and is moved automatically across the web and can be configured to measure moisture, coat weight , film thickness, web temperature.
Maintain Uniform Web Profile
• Reduce Edge Curl and Lay Flat Issues
• Improve Quality Assurance and Control
Edge curl and lay flat issues are a problem in the label and converting industry. Uneven moisture stratification can cause shrinkage or expansion of cellulose fibers. Curled stock is a problem for printing and packaging. Coatings can also get thinner or thicker at the edges. A NIR transmitter cross directional web profile greatly helps to reduce curl or coating issues and improve process control operation.
Benefits of Near Infrared Technology
• Accurate, Fast, Reliable & Low Maintenance
• No Government Regulations
• Easy Calibration, Operation & Standardization
• Best Return On Investment
The Near Infrared (NIR) Operating Principle
- The MCT transmitter shines NIR light wavelengths, selected specifically by PSC, for the measurement and application being performed, typically 1.94? for moisture or water based coatings and 2.34? for hydrocarbon depositions or film thickness. The NIR light is then directed onto the product being measured, normally a moving web and measures the returned energy to provide a calibrated display of percent moisture, GSM, #/ream or other engineering units. Additionally, IR web temperature can also be built into the MCT Nova Series Transmitter.
Simple, Cost Effective
The MCT Scanning Frame System is comprised of 3 components:
• MCT460 NIR Transmitter
• Automated Scanning Frame
• PC with SFS Profile Software
- The MCT460 can be configured to measure moisture, coat weight or film thickness. The MCT460 is mounted on the Scanning Frame and is moved automatically across the web.
- The Scanning Frame and MCT460 communicate directly with SFS Profile Software. Two scanning frames can generate up to six web profiles simultaneously.
MCT SFS – Profile Software Package
- Process Sensors’ proprietary profile software package is a Windows-based cross web profile package designed to be easy to view and comprehend. Up to six profiles can be viewed on screen for two separate scanning frames.
Profile Display System
• Cross web profile – up to 3 constituents
• 2-10 scan rolling average live profile
• Up to 50 zone averages updates at the end of each scan
• Cross web average updates at the end of each scan
• Adjustable target and alarm levels
• Cross web zone average
• Total cross web average
• Product identification
• Date & time
Scan Motion Setup & Selection
• Each recipe includes scan speed, scan width and park position
• Auto scan or manual jog via local control units
Product Code Selection
• User setup and selection of an unlimited number of product codes and associated web width recipes
Icon selectable choices for:
• Internal Engineering Parameters
• 4 “software controlled” analog outputs
• Optional Alarm/Alert Light Stack
Guardian System Features:
• Cross Direction Zoned Web Profile
• Zone, Profile and Roll Averages
• Roll Reports and Data Archiving
• Designated Lane and Machine Direction Measurements
Guardian System Components
• MCT Nova Series Near Infrared Transmitter
• Automatic Industrial Scanning Frame
• Automatic Web Edge Detection Option
• Operator Interface and PC Based Software Systems
• Alarms, Alerts, Scan Speed, Product Recipes, Diagnostics
• Wall, Console, Arm Bracket and Pedestal Housing Options
• Ethernet Communication and Analog Outputs
• Central and Local Display Options
Choose Your Nova Series Guardian
Guardian CD Web Profile System Industry Standard
The Guardian Profile System connects to a PC with a 19” Display at a Central Console. Larger displays, up to 65”, for multiple scanners and measurements, can be integrated into a single distributed system. The Guardian System can also be operated manually or via a Human Machine Interface (HMI).
Entry Level Profile System
Process Sensors Guardian Cross Direction Web Profile System can be as simple and inexpensive as an automatic scanning frame with 12” Operator Interface (OI) for profile display and controls mounted on frame end.
Simple Cross Direction Scanning System with Digital Display
This system allows for automatic scanning across web or jogging to fixed position for machine direction
measurement and display on a 5.7” touch screen with alarms, alerts and analog and digital outputs
Please see the PDF Brochure for full specifications.
Brochures : PDF :please download PDF.