- The hiding and spreading powers of pigmented coatings are of fundamental importance and there are many methods by which the opacity of a coating may be examined. These methods do not relate necessarily to painting practice as the change of appearance wanted, the contour and surface characteristics of the substrate together with the rheological properties of the paint will influence the performance of such coatings
- This pocket sized glossmeter is designed to meet all the requirements of a field and laboratory instrument but at a very cost effective price.
- It is easy to use with a one button operation and digitally adjusted calibration. Any member of staff can take meaningful gloss measurements with little or no training.
- The new Sheen Glossmaster range of glossmeters have been designed with the user in
mind. Now offering greater versatility and ease of use, these instruments have far superior data handling capabilities than ever before. With three angles in one robust, lightweight, portable package the Glossmaster range will easily tackle most gloss measurement applications.
- The instrument measures the diffusely reflected light from the test surface. The controlled conditions of illumination and angle of illumination allow surfaces to be characterised according to their lightness or darkness. A completely black surface will read a (zero), whilst a perfect white will be 100 units, recognised in colour measurement scale as the ‘Y’ value.